1.03.2021

My Arm of the Media

This piece caused me to do a little reflection on blogging and this blog.
In the meantime, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Start your own blog and become a member of the media. It may be the only way to get your voice heard.
I don't think my voice is any more heard as a result of this blog. If profile views are any indication of my readership, the most fitting slogan for this blog would be something like "changing minds, one per day." Mostly this blog is just a way for family and friends to see what's going on in my head. There are two ways people do blogs as far as I can tell. One is as a micro media outlet, with original analysis, or links and quotes from online news sources. The other way is to post personal thoughts, ideas and opinions, like a homepage for your mind (pub -- that's not a bad slogan). I think this blog falls somewhere in the middle. For some reason, blogs have dealt almost exclusively with politics, though the best blogs in my opinion deal with all kinds of issues. Maybe that's because I'm not that interested in politics. I've often wondered about the difference between a blog and a live journal. The most satisfactory answer I can come up with is that if it talks about feelings, it's a live journal. But the line is skewed lightly by the motherlode of bad poetry on blogger.

No comments: